Administrator – Microsoft Project Server
This position is closed as on 2021-03-31
Reports to the Manager / Senior Manager
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years and Maximum of 6 years of total experience.
- Mandatory experience of 3 years in configuration, implementation, customisation and maintenance of Project Server 2016/2019 including the Project web application.
- Deep knowledge of product configuration, database design and security frameworks within Microsoft Project Server.
- Knowledge on the Administration options in Project Web Application and how to use them.
- Knowledge of the Administration options in Project Professional 2016/2019 client application and integration with Project Web Application.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in managing the MS SharePoint Server 2016/2019.
- Scripting knowledge in PowerShell and Database queries is expected.
- Exposure to working in a Datacenter of a banking organisation is preferred.
- Migration experience of SharePoint and Project Server is a plus.
- Exposure to custom database creation and management on MS SQL Server will be preferred.
Preferably from a Technology, ITES, Shared Services or Banking organization
- Installation, Configuration, Monitoring and Support of Microsoft Project Server 2016/2019 and Project Web application.
- Understand the business requirements and leverage the deep knowledge of product configuration, database design and security frameworks within Microsoft Project Server and Project Web application to achieve the same.
- Understand the deployment environment and the Datacenter set up to ensure alignment to the prevalent information security guidelines.
- Configure the product in best possible manner to achieve high degree of integration between Project Professional 2016/2019 client application and Project Web Application
- Support business during on-boarding of new projects.
- Understand and apply the Portfolio capabilities and administer the settings in Project Server.
- Configuration of Search Service Application to ensure search results on the PWA site.
- Configuration of BDC (Business Data Connectivity)/ Managed Meta data Service application to Pull data from external source.
- Killing unused Timer Jobs and Clearing/refreshing Configuration Files from the SharePoint Server environment
- Troubleshooting & resolution of the production issues as and when encountered. Coordinate with other teams including Microsoft support as needed for issues requiring OEM/supplier support.
- Responsible for ongoing Access and Configuration management.
- Plan and implement product patches/upgrades on regular basis as mandated by OEM/supplier advisories to maintain optimum performance & security levels.
- Track milestones and deliverables and provide regular status reporting to all levels of stakeholders
- All positions are on fixed term contract on a full-time basis exclusively for ReBIT, initially for a period of five years, extendable by mutual consent.
- Core expertise with Project server and Project Web application and any related certifications.