Big Data Administrator
Reports to the Project Manager/Sr. Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is mandatory
- Total IT Experience should be minimum of 8 years with relevant 5+ years in administration.
- Deep understanding of Hadoop design principles, cluster connectivity and security.
- Experience on Cloudera is mandatory.
- Solid understanding in Hadoop eco system like HDFS, map-reduce, Hive, spark, solr, oozie.
- Experience in setting up architecture of large-scale cluster.
- Cloudera certified platform administrator is desirable.
- Shell/Python and automation will be an added advantage.
- Platform trouble shooting, performance tuning and stabilization experience is desirable.
- Preferably from a Technology, ITES, Shared Services or Banking organization
- Architect the Hadoop infrastructure to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, and manageability.
- Manage and maintain Hadoop clusters for uninterrupted job
- Secure the Hadoop cluster in a foolproof manner
- Regulate the administration rights depending on the job profile of users
- Have full knowledge of HBase for efficient Hadoop administration
- Be proficient in Linux scripting and in Hive, Oozie and HCatalog
- Research and recommend innovative solutions and prescribe automated solutions for system administration tasks.
- Document and articulate technical details with stake holders.
- Present project plan and status at meetings.
- Hire and mentor junior Hadoop administrators.
- Cloudera certified Platform Administrator