Developer - UI/UX
This position is closed as on 2021-03-26
- We are looking for a UI/UX Developer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our various projects.
- The incumbent responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. The incumbent should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. Ultimately, The incumbent will create both functional and appealing features that address our projects’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- The UI/UX Developer will help design and develop responsive, cross-platform UI application frontend for ReBIT’s mission critical, industry facing application solutions. The engineer will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop, enhance and maintain the applications. This role would involve equal distribution between UI Designing and UI Development.
The role is part of Research and Innovation vertical.
- Bachelors in Computer science or equivalent, Design Thinking Post Graduate and Masters preferred
- 2-5 years of experience
- Preferably from a Technology, ITES, Shared Services or Banking organization
- Verify products for UI principles, UI standards and adherence to best practices.
- Design UI wireframes / prototypes using Photoshop / Illustrator or any other known UI prototyping tools
- Convert wireframes / prototypes into usable Front End Applications
- Ensure quality deliverable/s
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep expertise in Photoshop / Illustrator or any other known prototyping tools
- Deep expertise in CSS eibraries like Material, Bootstrap etc.
- Deep understanding of UI principles, UX methodologies.
- Deep understanding of web development concepts.
- Experience of using JSON for data transfer, data parsing and UI level validation.
- Good knowledge in VCS such as Git, SVN etc.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Experience in using CSS pre-processors such as SASS, SCSS and LESS
- Knowledge of agile development methodology