Oracle Database Administrator
Navi Mumbai, India
This position is closed as on 2021-03-24
We’re looking for Oracle database administrator for RBI’s project developed by ReBIT’s research and innovation vertical. This role demands creation and management of Oracle databases for various projects. This role also demands client side traveling for implementation and maintenance during project life cycle.
The role is part of Research and Innovation vertical
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering /Technology/ Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years of Oracle Database Developer/Administrator experience in Oracle 12c or above.
- Sound knowledge on –
- Database Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- SQL queries
- Data Replication
- Log Shipping
- Configuring Clustering / Mirroring / HA (High Availability)
- Trouble Shooting with SQL and Event logs
- Security Administration (Users and Permissions)
- Database instance configuration / backup / migration / ETL
- Understanding of Database Designing, Architecture and Performance Optimization
- Upgrading Oracle software to new versions
- Applying service packs and security patches
- Linux commands
- Exposure to basic PL/SQL to query data from any database
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills both spoken and written
- Preferably from a Technology, ITES, Shared Services or Banking organization
- Installation of Oracle database on x64-bit Linux Operating System
- Migrating data from one version to another or from different database to Oracle.
- Creating Database Maintenance plans, rebuild/ reorganize indexes & performing integrity checks
- Perform Database Backups, Recovery, Restore
- Maintain High Availability and ready for Disaster Recovery like Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Clustering
- Server performance debugging (event log, request monitoring)
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in Oracle administrative and monitoring tools.
- Strong Experience in UNIX/Linux operations.
- Strong Experience in database internals.
- Experience in performance analysis and/or performance optimizations.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong experience in Database modeling and designing, SQL.
- Technology and Domain Specific Certifications like Oracle Database Administrator etc.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science specializing distributed systems, database internal systems or related fields.
- Experience in other SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Some knowledge or experience of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GC.
- Strong skills in paper writing.