The role is part of Research and Innovation vertical.
An experienced API Developer and will be responsible for developing API Design, Proxies and Policies in adherence to the API Specifications and Standards developed for the complex API and Data driven Platform. He should be willing to challenge designs when efficiencies or errors are found to ensure the best API specification is delivered. He will ensure code is tested with pre-developed test scripts prior to moving forward with deploying APIs and API life cycle management
Bachelors Computer science or equivalent
5 to 8 years of experience
- Design and publish of the interface specifications for batch file submission and APIs
- API Development and On-boarding requirements
- Review of API sandbox & integration
- Ensure CI/CD process
- Engage in vendor sprints.
- Non-functional requirements review
- Guide the evaluation of test architecture for API testing with test data.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Application packaging and deployment.
- KPIs and Metrics define and review in all phases of API development lifecycle
- Assisting in design of APIs to core consistent standards.
- Building and creating API Proxies, if needed.
- Developing API Policies & Shared Flows.
- Designing, Implementing & Supporting solutions for API security, authentication, identity management, traffic management, analytics, versioning, and performance management for APIs.
- Creating technical guides and examples to coach multiple software development teams on working with APIs.
- Running test scripts against code to ensure quality delivery.
- Resolving code issues with urgency.
Skills and Qualifications
- Five or more years of relevant software or API development experience.
- Two or more years of experience in REST API development.
- Two or more years of experience creating APIs and Shared Flows.
- Three or more years of experience working with either Java, Python or Node.js.
- Experience creating OpenAPI/Swagger specifications.
- Core tool knowledge for SCM and continuous integration (Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github).
- Detail oriented abilities to ensure code meets user stories details.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communication skills.
- SOAP to REST conversion experience.
- Experience in Python programming language
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as express
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience with Private/Public Cloud System
- Web application security
- Knowledge OWASP top 10 vulnerability
- Knowledge of agile development methodology
- Industry certifications