Sr. Manager, Policy Research
Navi Mumbai, India
This position is closed as on 2021-06-11
Reports to VH, System Audit vertical
Master’s in Public Policy, or Communications, Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Political Science, Behavioural or Social Science or a related quantitative field.
- 10+ years of experience
- Research and Communication
We are seeking a thought leader in technology policy to advise senior information technology business leaders and cyber security practitioners through deep and broad subject matter expertise.
You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to answer policy-relevant questions.
- Research trends in BFSI, fintech, cybersecurity awareness and technical advancements and regulatory space
- Keep track of trends, adoptions and transformations and their likely impacts on security and privacy
- Browse, study and comprehend diverse and contemporary knowledge sources. Apply the learnings to various inward and outward deliveries
- Understand the regulatory environment for the BFSI sector and identify means and mechanisms for successful policy execution and implementation
- Manage research and study projects, manage in-house and outsourced research project teams, and derive desired value from the awarded project
- Monitor and assess issues triggered by technology adoption, evaluate possible impact and ramifications, examine how they are affecting interest of various parties involved and study how they affect citizen’s right
- Conduct policy consultation workshops and meetings for understanding various dimensions involved in policy formulations and their ramifications to diverse stakeholders
- Writing and editing reports for external publications, including blog posts, white papers, and standards and specification publication
- Collaborate with academic, governmental, and industry stakeholders on development of specifications and standards
- Outreach among key stakeholders to communicate our efforts
- Devise a mechanism for managing knowledge assets, data and other base material for their effective utilization
- Partner with Audit, Data Science, Cyber Security and Project Management teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Work on data visualizations, find ways for presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand complex, multidimensional policy questions.
Skills and Qualifications
You would need to have:
- High degree of personal integrity and purpose driven approach of professional conduct
- Ability to initiate and drive policy research and outreach projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational, time management, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in statistical methods and data visualization tools
- Exceptional sense of humour along with phenomenal foosball or football skills
We are looking for a polymath with strong understanding of Indian policy space and auxiliary expertise in technology, law or finance. Ability to translate this expertise into outreach efforts to a wide spectrum of audience through digital and other channels would be an added advantage.